THESE TERMS CONTAIN VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE TERMS CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAVIER (SEE “BINDING ARBITRATION REQUIREMENT FOR RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES” SECTION BELOW). THROUGH YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS: (I) YOU AND US AGREE TO RESOLVE THROUGH BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, AND NOT IN COURT, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, THE WEBSITE, AND YOU USE OR ACCESS THEREOF); AND (II) YOU AND US EACH EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO ENFORCE THIS AGREEMENT IN COURT OR AS A CLASS, SUBJECT TO THE LIMITED EXCEPTIONS DESCRIBED BELOW.
YOU SHALL NOT USE THE WEBSITE FOR ANY ILLEGAL PURPOSES, AND YOU WILL USE IT IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS. YOU SHALL NOT USE THE WEBSITE IN A WAY THAT MAY CAUSE THE WEBSITE TO BE INTERRUPTED, DAMAGED, RENDERED LESS EFFICIENT OR SUCH THAT THE EFFECTIVENESS OR FUNCTIONALITY OF THE WEBSITE IS IN ANY WAY IMPAIRED. YOU AGREE NOT TO ATTEMPT ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ANY PART OR COMPONENT OF THE WEBSITE.
Intellectual Property Ownership and Use
You acknowledge and agree that all of our trademarks, logos, copyrights and any and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within this Website shall remain at all times vested in us or, in the cases where we are using such material or content under authority from a third party, in the owner of such material or content.
We grant you the limited right to access and make use of the Website subject to your compliance with these Terms. You shall not use, copy, distribute, or exploit any of the Website Content in any manner without our prior written permission.
All Website Content and all materials and content contained within the Website, including but not limited to the text, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio clips, video clips, articles, posts and data appearing on the Website, are owned by us, or used by us under authorization, and are protected by U.S. and foreign trademark and copyright laws. No portion of the materials or content on these pages may be reprinted or republished in any form without our express written permission.
You may not engage in any of the following with regard to the Websites (including without limitation posting or transmitting content through the Websites):
- violate or encourage the violation of any local, state, national, or international law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users of our Websites or solicit personal information from any individual without proper rights or consent of the individual;
- send or promote any message that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, abusive, sexually explicit, threatening, vulgar, obscene, profane, disparaging regarding racial, gender or ethnic background, any statement that you have reason to know is false or misleading, or otherwise objectionable messages, as determined by OWCF in its sole discretion;
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or privacy, or other right of any party, or distribute any content you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- promote or distribute any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or material which can be characterized as “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or similar material, any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain, or any information posted primarily for advertising, promotional, or other commercial purposes;
- disrupt or interfere with the security or use of the Websites or any websites or content linked to them;
- interfere with or damage the integrity of the Websites, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, Trojan horses, harmful code, denial of service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or email address information or similar methods or technology or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to our Websites;
- use the Websites to store or transmit code, files, scripts, agents or programs intended to do harm, including, for example, viruses, worms, time bombs or Trojan horses;
- attempt to use another user, person or entity, misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, including (without limitation) OWCF or create or use a false identity;
- attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Websites or portions thereof that are restricted from general access;
- use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing OWCF name, trademarks, or product names;
- attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive or obtain the code in any form for any software used in the Websites;
- engage in any activity that interferes with any third party’s ability to use or enjoy the Websites; or
- assist any third party in engaging in any activity prohibited by these Terms.
Further, without our written consent, you may not:
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, create derivative works, or exploit for any commercial purpose any Websites Content or any use of or access to the Websites;
- use any high volume, automated, or electronic means (including, without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts, or other automated devices) to access the Websites or monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained thereon;
- deep link to the Websites for any purpose; or frame the Websites, place pop-up windows over any content, or otherwise affect the display of the Websites; or
- reverse engineer any code or software used in relation to the Websites (to the extent such restriction is permitted by law).
We welcome your comments and feedback about our Websites. All information and materials submitted to OWCF through the Websites or otherwise, such as any comments, feedback, ideas, questions, designs, data, user content, or the like regarding or relating to the Websites or the business of OWCF (collectively, “Feedback”), will be considered NON-CONFIDENTIAL and NON-PROPRIETARY with regard to you, but OWCF reserves the right to treat any such Feedback as the confidential information of OWCF.
By submitting Feedback to OWCF, you assign to the Company Parties, free of charge, all worldwide rights, title and interest in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in such Feedback. The Company Parties will be entitled to use any Feedback you submit, and any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any such Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and Websites using such Feedback without restriction and without compensating you in any way. You are responsible for the information and other content contained in any Feedback you submit to us, including, without limitation, its truthfulness and accuracy.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require that our users do the same. If you believe your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, or you believe your rights are otherwise infringed or violated by anything on the Website, please notify us by sending an email to the following address: OWCF_Inquiries@harpo.com.
In order for us to more effectively assist you, the notification must include all of the following:
a. A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the right claimed to be infringed or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
b. A description of the copyrighted work or other right you claim has been infringed or violated;
c. Information reasonably sufficient to locate the material in question on the Website;
d. Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and all other information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you;
e. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the rightful owner, its agent or the law; and
f. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the right claimed to be infringed or violated or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Errors and Inaccuracies
We strive to provide complete, accurate, up-to-date information on the Website. Unfortunately, despite those efforts, human or technological errors may occur. The Website may contain typographical mistakes, inaccuracies, or omissions, and some information may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
You acknowledge that the particular technical specifications and settings of your computer and its display could affect the accuracy of its display.
Other than as may be required by law, we reserve the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you, and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to withdraw or withdrawal of the Website or any portion of it.
We may alter these Terms from time to time, and your use of the Website (or any part of the Website) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must immediately stop using the Website.
The Website is subject to constant change. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website.
External Websites and Resources
We are not responsible for the availability of any websites owned or controlled by third-parties. We do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of any third party websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offense caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such third-party external sites or resources.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, OWCF, ITS RELATED ENTITIES, ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “COMPANY PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, RELATED TO OUR WEBSITES.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR WEBSITES AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING BETWEEN YOU AND OWCF. THE COMPANY PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TIMELINESS OF DELIVERY OF CONTENT, ANY FAILURES OF DELIVERY, ERRONEOUS DELETION, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND YOU CLAIM WAS INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF OUR WEBSITES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, WILL ANY OF THE COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, LIABILITY OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON ANY OF OUR SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED TO YOU THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF OUR WEBSITES. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, GOODWILL, REVENUE OR PROFITS. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF ANY COMPANY PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE SUCCESS OR EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES.
IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY PARTIES UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES TO YOU OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED WILL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You acknowledge that you may have or may in the future have claims against us which you do not know or suspect to exist in your favor when you agreed to these Terms and which if known, might materially affect your consent to these Terms. You expressly waive all rights you may have under Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which states:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
BINDING ARBITRATION REQUIREMENT FOR RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES
All disputes between you and us will be resolved by BINDING ARBITRATION. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under this contract, except for matters that may be taken to small claims court. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, NOT a judge or jury. You agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including with respect to the interpretation of any provision of this Agreement or concerning the performance or obligations of us or you, shall be resolved by mandatory and binding arbitration submitted to JAMS in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules at the request of either us or you pursuant to the following conditions:
- Unless you elect to conduct the arbitration by telephone or written submission, an in-person arbitration hearing will conducted at a JAMS facility in or near Los Angeles, California
- Selection of Arbitrator shall be made pursuant to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures or JAMS’ Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures, depending on the amount of the claim as specified herein.
- The arbitrator(s) shall, after reaching judgment and award, prepare and distribute to the parties written findings of fact and conclusions of law relevant to such judgment and award and containing an opinion setting forth the reasons for the giving or denial of any award. The award of the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on the parties, and judgment thereon may be entered in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- You will be subject to a $250 filing fee to initiate an arbitration. To the extent permitted by JAMS procedures, each party shall bear its own costs and expenses and an equal share of the arbitrators’ and administrative fees of arbitration, with us remaining responsible for our share of costs, expenses and fees plus any costs, expenses and fees required of it under JAMS procedures.
Class-Action Waiver: all claims to be heard on an individual basis only
Investigations of Violations of These Terms
Notice for California Users
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, residents of California who use this Website are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with: the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs, in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, our mailing address is PO Box 29610, Los Angeles, CA 90029 and may be reached by email at OWCF_Inquiries@harpo.com. Please contact us to resolve any issues with our Website that you may have.
By using the Websites, you agree that OWCF may communicate with you electronically regarding your use of the Websites and related matters, and that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that OWCF sends to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that the communications be in writing. To withdraw your consent to your receipt of electronic notice, please notify OWCF at: OWCF_Inquiries@harpo.com.
You may send us notices or communicate with us by email at OWCF_Inquiries@harpo.com. If you send us an email that asks for a response, and you do not receive a response within ten (10) business days, please send us another email as we may not have received your previous email. You acknowledge that communications by email are not considered confidential communications. Therefore, please do not send us any confidential information by email.
No failure or delay by OWCF in exercising any right, power or privilege under these Terms will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other such right, power, or privilege.
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of our Websites or relating to these Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by these Terms.
DATE LAST MODIFIED. May 23, 2023